terça-feira, 1 de março de 2011

Dark Alley

The shadow walks the street alone
To free itself from her deadly curse
From all the things never said and done
From all the hopes long rotten and gone


The man walks the street, looking for his shadow
Cuz even in the fog the granted things are lost
And darkness is all that grows
Masked behind the alleys he already crossed

The heart walks the street, looking for his master
But the man already lost his mind to fear
Cuz Love is an assassin through answers
And the heart already blinded him

Death walks the street screaming
But the man's already dead and roting
The heart stopped beating 
Because in blood it was sinking

The shadow leaves untouched
Breaking like glass between the alleys
And the soul... the vouch of existence?
Have taken his thoughts and remained in silence...


by Medivh


Notes:
I wrote this like 6 months ago and I though would be a great way to start this new blog just for my poetry. The poem may have some different interpretations and just because I wrote it doesn't mean your ideas are incorrect. I idealize this very broken man walking a dark street at night (I think the picture gives a nice view of what I was thinking). I think is like the feeling of loneliness that lead the man to his own destruction. Difficult to explain even for the guy who wrote this xD
This poem is already posted in my other blog but I though this was one of the best I ever written so it would be a mistake not to post here.

4 comentários:

  1. hi,

    do you own the image as well? could i possibly use it in a university project which is to be published? you will be fully referenced and cited

    martin

    ResponderEliminar
  2. nop, the image is not mine... Unfortunately I found it by google and I tried to find the source without sucess :S... so maybe you can use it anyway I think no one will notice... you will use only the image right?

    ResponderEliminar
  3. amazing! a great piece of work

    ResponderEliminar